The One and All Program Continues to Accelerate Economic Mobility in the Lansing Region
LANSING, Mich. (March 7, 2023) – Twenty entrepreneurs from Ingham County have been selected to participate in One and All program seven! This will be the first cohort solely funded by Ingham County, through the Ingham County Sunrise Program created in April 2021 using $11 million from the county’s first tranche of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds. This inclusive entrepreneurship initiative, created by the Lansing Economic Area Partnership (LEAP) in 2020, is designed to help participants build or grow their businesses over a two-month period.
One and All is a unique and intensive 2-month program consisting of immersive business and communication training, coaching and mentoring, access to an extended professional network, and ultimately a $2,500 seed investment—all critical resources which are common obstacles to success for entrepreneurs and small-business owners from underrepresented populations, which the One and All program is specifically created to support.
“One and All is designed to benefit entrepreneurs who are living at or below the Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed (A.L.I.C.E.) Threshold,” said Tony Willis, chief equity development officer at LEAP (left). “These are entrepreneurs who might not traditionally have access to start-up capital, business mentorship, and other services now getting that chance through this program. These businesses make up the fabric of our region, and we are excited to give them the opportunity to grow.”
“Working with members of One and All is an exciting opportunity because the outcomes don’t just affect the small businesses going through the program,” said Juliette Givhan, equity and entrepreneurial communications and program specialist at LEAP (left). “The entire Lansing Region’s economic ecosystem benefits from the ideas, connections, and knowledge developed in this program–Ingham County sees the direct benefit this time around, but it could easily be Eaton or Clinton next!”
Meet the One and All March-May 2023 Program Participants
- Effie Alofoje-Carr, Consulting With Effie
- Nicole Bell, The Crowned Beard
- Casandra Cole, Grateful Heart Gifts and Art
- Justin Dunham, Pallete to Table
- Jeremy Deanda, JSX Logistics
- Darrien Gibson, Elite Eatery LLC
- Joylyn Glynn, Mommy Maids
- Sade Hatley, A & S Soap Co
- Elena Herrera, Ledger Ally
- Maria Honesto, Eagles Sports of Lansing
- Nusayba Ibrahem, Family Gathering
- Dolores Lopez, Spoiled By D Salon LLC
- Aaron McClinton, MaCnificent Photo Booth
- Alisha Meyers, The Relaxation Depot
- Farieda Miller, Get your roll on
- Jennifer Rood
- Dartagka Tipton, 4 Tha Soul Restaurant
- Nicole Varona, teekzDrinkz
- Marian White, Marian's Refinishes
- Adam Williams, MissionsFilled
Additionally, One and All welcomes a new group of program mentors, a crucial component of the program’s success. Mentors provide expert guidance and insight, helping mentees clarify goals, identify the best strategies to advance their ideas, and navigate challenging situations. One and All program mentors are established professionals with rich life experience who hail from various business types, higher education, entrepreneurship support organizations, state and local economic development and many are entrepreneurs themselves.
One and All March-May 2023 Mentors
- Jose Aste, Tantay*
- Fonda Brewer, Delta Township Trustee*
- JP Buckingham, Triterra*
- Dale Copedge, Lansing Branch NAACP*
- Lisa Fisher, Lisa Fisher Associates*
- Luke Hackney, RetroDuck*
- Dr. Abdalmajid Katranji
- Dr. Alayne Laws-Barker, Melanted Business Alliance
- Marcus Leslie, Mr. Leslie's Cheesecakes
- Nick Lynch, Capital Area United Way*
- Tamie Nolan, Healthful Wellness Studio*
- Pat McPharlin
- Owen Monday, Jr., Toastmasters*
- Julie Reinhardt, Downtown Lansing Inc.*
- Laura Sigmon, Best Practices Consulting Services*
- Brendon Thiede
- Scott Watkins, Michigan Virtual*
LEAP is still accepting mentors for the current program. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a One and All mentor, complete the mentor intake form on LEAP’s website.
Follow the journey of each One and All entrepreneur and learn more about the One and All program on LEAP’s website at purelansing.com/OneAndAll.
The Lansing Economic Area Partnership (LEAP) is a coalition of area leaders partnering to build a stronger community for all—working every day to grow, retain and attract business to the Lansing, Michigan, region.