LANSING, MI – Fifteen Sparrow Nurses have been given special recognition for their quality, compassionate care and service as part of activities last week celebrating National Nurses Week.
Selected as Nurse of the Year in their specialty areas were:
- Jessica Eastwood, Preceptor of the Year
- May Finos, Medical Surgery
- Suzanne Hibbard, Behavioral Health
- Shannon Jones, Women and Children’s Services
- Danielle Kaiser, Practices and Affiliates/LTACH/Hospice/Home Care
- Megan Keast, Emergency Services
- Mary Kisting, Advanced Practice/Education
- Lisa Palmer, Leadership
- Dorene Truba, Professional Support
- Phuong-Oanh Ramon, Critical Care/Stepdown
- Karen Uschuk, Perioperative Services
Sparrow Carson Hospital honored Paige Churchill as Nurse of the Year; Sparrow Clinton Hospital recognized Natasha Karek; and Sparrow Ionia Hospital presented its Nurse of the Year to Devon Kruger.
In addition, Phyllis McLellan, a Sparrow Hospital Patient Safety Specialist, received Nurse of the Year honors in the 2017 Lansing State Journal Salute to Nurses.
Sparrow is extremely proud of its more than 2,000 Nurses.
As a designated Nurse Magnet hospital, Sparrow is a recognized leader in Nursing excellence, innovative professional Nursing practices, and quality Patient care. The Nurse Magnet designation is the nation’s most prestigious honor for Nursing achievement and excellence.