LuAnn Dunsford, Chief Executive Officer, Michigan Works! Association, Lansing, MI, drops by the MBN studio to discuss the Michigan Works! Association Celebrated National Apprenticeship Week with Visit to Germany.
Listen to LuAnn's full interview below!
The Michigan delegation paired with reps from NY State to study success of German apprenticeship model and share information about successful U.S. apprenticeship programs.
For this conversation Luann discusses
– National Apprenticeship Week (Nov. 11-17, 2019), and the trip was November 7th to the 17th.
• How did the idea for this trip come about?
• What experience did you gain from the trip that will be helpful to you in the work you do every day?
• How do apprenticeship programs in Germany differ from those in the U.S.?
• Why do you believe apprenticeships are important, especially in Michigan?
• How do apprenticeships fit into the Governor’s need to fill 545,000 skilled trades jobs by 2026 and her education attainment goal of having 60 percent of Michigan residents complete a
postsecondary certificate or degree by the year 2030?