The following individuals will serve as officers on the Board:
- Chairman – Jeanne Richter, President & CFO, Farmers State Bank of Munith
- Chairman Elect – Grant Smith, President & CEO, Clarkston State Bank
- Treasurer – Brad Kessel, President & CEO, Independent Bank
- Immediate Past Chairman – Tim Jewell, President & CEO, Eaton Federal Savings Bank
Also elected to the Board of Directors was Roxanne Daust, President & CEO, Range Bank for a 3-year term.
Appointed with the confirmation from the Board of Directors was Tom Shafer, President & CEO, Chemical Bank to fulfill the unexpired term of Brad Kessel.
Additional Members of the Board of Directors include:
- Mike Worden, President & CEO, Honor Bank
- Bob Worthington, Chief Operating Officer, General Counsel, Mercantile Bank of Michigan
- Chris Georvassilis, SVP, Financial Institutions Group, Comerica Bank
- Raymond Biggs, President & CEO, West Shore Bank
- Jerome Schwind, President & COO, Isabella Bank
- Andrew Ottaway, Executive Vice President, Flagstar
- David Kashian, President & CEO, First National Bank & Trust
- Ronald Justice, President & CEO, The State Bank
"I am excited about the future of the MBA under the leadership of those elected,” said T. Rann Paynter, President & CEO of the Michigan Bankers Association. “Each brings a unique wealth of knowledge, wisdom, and perspective that will further enhance the strength of Michigan’s banking industry.”
The 2019-2020 term runs from July 1, 2019, to June 30, 2019.
About the Michigan Bankers Association
The Michigan Bankers Association (MBA), the voice of the banking industry since 1887, consists of Michigan financial institutions with more than 2,800 branches located throughout the state. The MBA promotes strong communities and economic activity in Michigan by advancing a positive business environment. MBA assists banks by offering products and services to reduce expenses and increase profitability through the strength of the association.
For more information, visit www.mibankers.com