Jeffrey Mosher speaks with MK (Michelle Klassen Merrigan), about her background and this special project. an uplifting story of two women from the U.S. and South Africa supporting 1800+ South African female artisans whose livelihoods are being threatened by the global pandemic.
Click below to hear MK discuss Mana Boxes in the podcast below!
• Mana is a quarterly subscription box featuring handcrafted, one-of-a-kind pieces
created by local women artisans in South Africa and the United States.
• Each box features stylish accessories, décor, and fashions—perfect for any lifestyle.
• Mana is about reviving the livelihood of women artisans and entrepreneurs impacted by
the ongoing pandemic.
• In the wake of COVID-19, many small business owners across the world are struggling to
make ends meet. These amazing women craft intricate products and pour themselves
into their livelihoods.
• When individuals subscribe to Mana, they are empowering a woman to grow her
business, which benefits her family and community. It creates a far-reaching impact, far
beyond the cost of a box.
• Each product the artisans contribute is inspected. The products that are chosen are all
one-of-a kind, handcrafted goods that are made with strict quality controls to make sure
every subscriber receives exceptional gifts.
• Mana is committed to quality and providing a consistent product and experience, all
while restoring the hope and livelihood to the women and communities in South Africa.
• Box 1: Journey with Africa
• Box 2: With Love from Africa
• Box 3: Cape Blue
• Box 4: Mandela Magic
• Bonus Box: The Gift of Mana
• Button amulet necklace
• Knitted Mohair Scarf
• Mandela Strength Pendant and Earnings
• Pottery Serving Bowls
• And more.
• The women artisans of Mana are incredible. They’ve overcome unbelievable obstacles
to be where they are today.
• In some cases, their circumstances were so dire, that without Mana these women and
businesses may not have been able to survive the COVID-19 pandemic.
• The trickle-down effect is felt by the women and the staff that work for them.
• They are about the tenacity to survive against what seems insurmountable. They are
about the beauty of women supporting other women. They are about Mana.
• Mana started as a brainchild of Michelle Klassen and Anni Wilhelmi, after they realized
how much of an impact COVID-19 was having on their communities. Anni, in Cape
Town, South Africa, and Michelle, in Detroit, Michigan, knew they had to do something.
After the Mana Kickstarter was successfully funded in under 36 hours, Michelle and Anni
knew Mana really could make a difference.
• To get the box please visit, https://www.manaboxes.com/
International Sustainable Energy Company Launches United States Kickstarter to Restore Income to 1800+ South African Women Who Have Been Drastically Affected by COVID-19
Detroit-based, women-owned company, MK Advisors to launch subscription box service of South African handcrafted wares to support women entrepreneurs with the goal of raising $100,000
Who: Mana is a quarterly subscription box featuring handcrafted, unique pieces created by local women artisans in South Africa. Sales from each subscription will support South African women entrepreneurs, their families and community. Mana is committed to quality and providing a consistent product and experience for each customer, all while restoring the hope and livelihood to the women and communities in South Africa. Learn more or get signed up for the quarterly subscription here. Mana seeks to amplify these women’s voices with every curated piece.
What: MK Advisors announces the launch of Mana Boxes. These quarterly subscription boxes feature handcrafted, one-of-a-kind pieces created by local women artisans in South Africa. Each Mana subscription is a chance to bring a woman’s story to life and into the subscriber’s home. The products in each box are crafted by hand, so no two are alike. Each box features stylish accessories, décor, and fashions—perfect for any lifestyle. Amplify these women’s voices and join Mana, where every curated piece tells a story.
In the wake of COVID-19, many small business owners across the world are struggling to make ends meet. These amazing women craft intricate products and pour themselves into their livelihoods. When individuals back the Mana Kickstarter, make a donation or purchase a Mana subscription, they are empowering a woman to grow her business, which benefits her family and community. It creates a far-reaching impact, far beyond the cost of a box.
ABOUT MANA BOXES
Mana Boxes, filled with layers of love, is an example of sustainable, replicable, scalable economic development for South Africa. Compiled for quarterly subscription in the U.S. and beyond, each box is an exquisite surprise. Its content, the rich stories, and the imagery of the artisans are all beautifully woven together. Mana and Mana products are designed to sustain the box giver and delight the box recipient. bit.ly/ManaBoxes
ABOUT MK ADVISORS
MK Advisors is a woman-owned small business that enables and enhances the adoption of net-zero technologies through informed engagement with policymakers, innovators and market stakeholders. We focus on educating and documenting processes on behalf of the user-community, providing solutions to even the most complex problems. Our experience and lasting relationships assure end-users have a sustainable solution today that will create the foundation for a better tomorrow. www.mkadvisors.org