The Michigan Festival & Events Association Nominations Committee is still accepting nominations for the Board of Directors. However, you only have until Saturday! Please send all recommendations to our Nominations Committee. They are requesting you to give serious consideration to serving.
Deadline for submissions are July 20, 2019, all nominations will be reviewed by the executive board and sent to ALL members on August 1, 2019 for vote.
Nomination form available here
Board of Directors Duties:
- Nominated party must be a member in good standing.
- Terms of office shall not exceed three (3) years, with at least three (3) directors elected annually at the convention.
- Directors may serve more than one term.
- Honorary membership may be granted by the Board of Directors based on Board established criteria. Honoree members may serve without vote on Association committees and advisory panels.
- Meet quarterly, or less as established by the Board. This includes the annual meeting, to conduct the official business of the Association.
- Incoming candidates will be seated at the December Board Meeting.
Since its founding in 1992, MFEA, has become recognized as the largest industry association of its kind of the state of Michigan. We invite you to become a part of this growing tradition.
If you have any questions, please contact our Nominating Committee Chairperson, Peggy Anderson at 989-529-2567 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Consider getting involved as we continue to promote and assist those we serve. We need to hear your voice. Please call the MFEA office if you would like to learn more about committee member opportunities.
MFEA Mission Statement
Michigan Festivals & Events Association is a state-wide organization dedicated to promoting interests of festivals, events, attractions, suppliers and related tourism businesses by developing educational programs, services and networking opportunities that contribute to business success.