Lansing, Mich. – More than 40 mid-Michigan business leaders and professionals are competing in the 10th annual Dapper Dads challenge. Hosted by the Sparrow Foundation and the Women Working Wonders committee, Dapper Dads is an online competition in which the public votes for their favorite candidates, concluding with a charity fashion show event on Thursday June 6 where the top voted men hit the runway.
Jeffrey Mosher speaks with Karen Grannemann, CCM, CEO & General Manager, University Club of MSU, Lansing, MI about Dapper Dads' info.
For more knowledge, news, and insights visit: www.michiganbusinessnetwork.com
and to hear Karen and Jeffrey's conversation click play below.
Each vote made costs five dollars which goes towards the Foundation and their efforts to improve the health and well-being of thousands of mid-Michigan women. Online voting is ongoing and officially closes at 5:00 PM June 5, 2019; however, final votes may be cast in person at the fashion show. The fashion show begins at 5:30 p.m. in front of Kositchek's, located at 113 N. Washington Square, Lansing, MI 48933.
· Dapper Dads is currently in its 10th year
· 2018’s Winner was Tony Robinson from Delta Dental
· Hosted by Sparrow Foundation’s Women Working Wonders (W3)
· All funding supports the physical and psychological health of women in mid-Michigan.
· In its first 9 years, the event has raised more than $4 million
· Including this year’s contestants, approximately 250 of “Lansing’s leading men”
have walked the stage in support of women’s health
· In this year’s amazing list of names, we are lucky enough to have Mayor Andy Schor on the roster of Dapper Dads
· Each vote is $5 and is a tax-deductible donation to the Sparrow Foundation
· Vote & purchase tickets online at www.SparrowFoundation.org/DapperDads
· Dapper Dads Fashion show happens on Thursday, June 6 on Washington Square, under a tent in front of Kositchek’s
· Thank you to our generous Sponsors: University Club of MSU, Kositchek’s Menswear, and Dart Bank (this year’s Runway Sponsor)
Importance of Dapper Dads
· Continues to bring awareness of women’s health initiatives to the forefront
· One $5 vote at a time, Dapper Dads has helped to provide funding for a long list of equipment, initiatives and facility improvements – see attached list
· Been instrumental in funding for Sparrow’s Mobile Health Clinic, bringing healthcare to under-served communities in our region. Because of this tremendous support from around our region, a new bus is in-service mid-May.
· Founded in 2002
· All volunteer
For more information on casting votes and for tickets to the fashion show, visit SparrowFoundation.org/DapperDads.