News Release Provided By MEDC
Business leaders from fifteen Michigan companies are joining the Michigan Economic Development Corporation at Automotive Meetings Queretaro, taking place Feb. 19-21 in Queretaro, Mexico.
“As a developing global player and our second-largest trade partner, Mexico is a viable market for a wide range of products and services,” said MEDC Chief Executive Officer Jeff Mason. “This trade mission will open doors for these companies by helping them identify and enter into new relationships in the important automotive sector, ultimately growing their businesses and bringing more and better jobs to Michigan residents.”
Automotive Meetings Queretaro allows Michigan companies to make connections with Mexican automotive OEMs and Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers in an effort to grow exports to the Mexico market. In addition to increased export sales, Automotive Meetings Queretaro allows MEDC to continue to build strong relationships with Mexican automotive buyers with the objective of finding new procurement opportunities for Michigan suppliers.
Automotive Meetings Queretaro is the only event for auto supply chain in Mexico and offers participants the opportunity to engage in one-to-one meetings, conferences, OEMs procurement and supply chain policies sessions, and workshops. The event draws attendees from all over the world and in 2017 over 800 companies participated, more than 12,000 face-to-face meetings took place, and 22 countries were represented. Amanda Roraff, PlanetM operations manager, will be speaking at this year’s event about Michigan as the epicenter of the future of mobility.
Participants will also benefit from a detailed profile of their capabilities in the online catalogue and receive their own kiosk in the Michigan booth at the show. The participating companies are:
- Automated Logistics Systems (Jackson) – Transportation broker that arranges supply chain management for all segments of a customer’s transportation requirements
- ATCO Industries, Inc. (Sterling Heights) – Provider of quality inspection for the auto industry, containment, inspection, technical services, assembly, packaging, kitting, supplier development, warehousing/logistics, manufacturing, and technical services
- Centracore LLC (St. Clair) – Designer and manufacturer of machined and assembled castings, forgings, and extrusions in aluminum, iron, and steel
- Fluxtrol Inc. (Auburn Hills) – Creator of patented technology for induction heating process with distributors throughout the world and our solutions used in thousands of applications ranging from automotive to aerospace, oil and gas, special metallurgy, biomedical, and food industry
- Hosco Fittings LLC (Wixom) – Manufacturer and global marketer of smooth bore, "cavity-free" stainless steel fittings and accessories designed specifically for the use in manual or automated paint circulating and application finishing systems
- Peterson Spring (Three Rivers) –Largest privately held spring manufacturer in North America that designs, manufactures, and supplies springs, snap-rings, wire forms, clips, clamps, stampings, and a variety of sub-assemblies
- Portland Products, Inc. (Portland) – Provider of quality stampings, hinges, and assemblies to the automotive, office furniture, and other industries
- Trans-Matic (Holland) – Manufacturer of deep drawn metal stampings, specializing in close tolerance, high precision parts with state-of-the-art high-speed transfer presses to accommodate complex geometries and configurations without costly secondary processes
- Zero Gravity Filters (Brighton) – Manufactures industrial filtration systems to provide solutions for increasing quality and saving costs while improving profitability with liquid cleaning systems.
- Air and Liquid Systems Inc. (Rochester Hills) – Solutions provider that directly addresses production yields and quality of Tier 1 paint booth operations
- Poly Flex Products (Farmington Hills) – Manufacturer of highly-effective solutions for material handling including short run injection molding, dunnage engineering, and more
- R3D Consulting (Troy) – Provider of software and integration consulting services to mid-size manufacturing corporations
- KC Jones Plating Co (Warren) – Offers value-added solutions and processes that enhance the strength, durability, and appearance of industrial components, specializing in transmission thrust bearings, metal finishing, coatings, and bearings
- Nor-Fab (Gladstone) – Provider of high-quality sheet metal parts, fabrications, and services for a wide variety of industries
- Frank Willard and Associates (Birmingham) – Sales leader in the global automotive and industrial marketplace with a focus on deep drawn components, screws machine, rollers, bearings, powdered metal, springs, check valves, fuel valves, and fittings
This is the fourth time MEDC has taken Michigan companies to Automotive Meetings Queretaro. Over the past three events, the Michigan delegations have included 54 companies with a total of 986 individually scheduled B2B meetings. Facilitated export sales to Mexico in fiscal year 2018 were more than $119 million.
MEDC's International Trade Program is committed to increasing Michigan’s exporting opportunities by helping businesses identify and enter key emerging foreign markets. Export sales facilitated by the MEDC International Trade program totaled more than $641 million in fiscal year 2018, surpassing the goal of $630 million. This puts the International Trade program-to-date total facilitated export sales more than $2.6 billion. Top reported countries for export sales include Canada, Mexico, China, and the United Kingdom.
About Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
The Michigan Economic Development Corporation is the state’s marketing arm and lead advocate for business development, job awareness and community development with the focus on growing Michigan’s economy. For more information on the MEDC and our initiatives, visitwww.MichiganBusiness.org. For Pure Michigan® tourism information, your trip begins at www.michigan.org. Join the conversation on: Facebook,Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.