Presented in Conjunction with Tariffs Hurt the Heartland
May 13, 2020, 12-1pm, a virtual event addressed the issues of tariffs and trade. You're welcome to review the Agenda.
Shared below is a way to see the recent event.
This roundtable will highlight the stories of Michigan businesses that have been impacted by current tariffs, as well as provide a Michigan economic overview and potential action items to reduce or eliminate individual effects.
- Mark Becker, Director of International Supply Chain, Cherry Central Cooperative
- Anne Hoef, Treasurer, Mabuchi Motor America Corp.
- Dave Milligan, President, National Association of Wheat Growers
- Greg Schroeder, Director of Global Customs and Trade, Amway
- Brad Taube, Business Director, Trace Zero
- Charles Ballard, PhD, Economist, Michigan State University
- Jean Schtokal, Shareholder, Foster, Swift, Collins & Smith PC
Here's the video:
The Michigan-focused roundtable is hosted with Tariffs Hurt the Heartland, a bipartisan, nationwide, grassroots effort supported by over 160 of the country’s largest trade organizations, representing thousands of businesses as well as agriculture producers, manufacturers, workers and consumers across the USA. Further information about the group is available at www.tariffshurt.com.