Chris Holman speaks with MMA's new President & CEO John Walsh. The Michigan Manufacturers Association (MMA), the only statewide organization dedicated exclusively to advocating for manufacturers large and small, has been working tirelessly to bring attention to the critical need to bring Michigan’s manufacturing base back to full strength. Now that Governor Whitmer has announced a phased reopening of manufacturing beginning next week, we want to inform Michigan about what these plans look like and highlight the important resources available.
To hear John and Chris discuss the resumption of manufacturing in Michigan click play on the PodCast shared below.
• Share lists of available PPE for manufacturers to access as they restart and phase in operations
• Provide manufacturers with MFG Tools for Safe & Productive Operations to help them restart or scale up operations safely and productively
• Help coordinate and aggregate the production of critical Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Keep manufacturers informed and in compliance with quickly changing regulations and laws
• As the state looks to safely restart Michigan's economic engine, this was an opportunity to discover what MMA is hearing from those businesses who have been and continue to be on the front lines against this global pandemic.
Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed Executive Order 2020-77, which extends the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order to 5/28/20 but permits manufacturing employers to immediately perform start-up activities to incorporate specified workplace safeguards in advance of the resumption of in-person operations beginning Monday, 5/11/20. The order is clear that manufacturing work may not commence until the facility has been prepared with specified workplace safeguards; you are well advised to review the detailed requirements within the order itself.
This is good news for our industry and Michigan as a whole and I want you to know that MMA has worked with Governor Whitmer’s Administration to make sure this return is safe and productive.
Our role with state leaders is only as strong as our membership, which is why investment in MMA, especially at this time, is an investment in your company’s future success and an investment to help Michigan manufacturers excel.
To help manufacturers through this difficult time, MMA has:
Learn more about what MMA offers to members and let us know how we can help your company succeed in the new global landscape.
Together, manufacturers will weather this crisis and I see limitless potential for manufacturing in Michigan. It is manufacturing productivity that will drive our state and nation’s economic recovery. A strong, respected and member-focused MMA will be a key to our collective success.