Chris Holman catches up with Cliff Hammond, Shareholder, Foster Swift Collins & Smith, Southfield, and Lansing Foster Swift, with a half dozen locations across Michigan
Find out about the webinar through Cliff and Chris' conversation, check it out in the video below
In the video above their discussion covers Foster Swift's upcoming Webinar: What Employers Need to Know for 2022
First, when is this upcoming webinar?
What are some good hygiene and best practices that employers and HR teams can implement going into year-end?
What is most important to keep in mind about reviewing and updating your business’s employee handbook?
President Biden’s recent vaccination mandate for businesses with 100 or more employees could result in crippling fines for those that violate the mandate. If enacted into law, what are some things, if any, that employers can do?
Non-compete agreements: What are they?
Should businesses have one in place? What is/isn’t enforceable in them and are there other alternatives?
Foster Swift also released other information about this session shared below:
LANSING, Mich. –The fallout from the pandemic continues to create confusion in the always-changing area of employment law. As businesses continue to adapt and move forward into a “new era”, employers and HR teams must stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the law.
Join Foster Swift’s labor & employment attorneys as they provide an overview of hot topics as well as best practices.
Date: Tuesday, October 19, 2021, from 9:00 – 10:30 am
Fee: No Charge
Among the topics to be discussed are:
- The latest in OSHA Emergency Order updates.
- Non-compete agreements:
- Do you have one in place?
- What needs to be in a non-compete?
- Other alternatives?
- Based on current legislation, what is/isn’t enforceable?
- A reminder of the importance of reviewing your employee handbook:
- With new NLRB board members coming in, are your handbook policies regarding email and social media up-to-date?
- A review of ADA issues involving vaccinations and masks.
- Avoiding an aggressive review process for employee classifications:
- Are your team members properly classified as employees or independent contractors?
- HR department hygiene and best practices for 2022.
This hour and a half webinar will allow for questions from attendees at the end of the session.