Dennis Theis, Director, Principal, Maner Costerisan, Lansing, MI, joins the Michigan Business Network as the Capital Area Michigan Works! Most Valuable Partner.
● At Maner Costerisan, they strive to provide our clients with the best service possible while giving them the personal attention they respect and deserve.
● Maner Costerisan is a full-service public accounting and business advisory firm dedicated to providing quality and reliable services targeted to specific client needs.
● Maner Costerisan office and team are rooted in Lansing, and love giving back to the community and initiatives we are passionate about.
● Dennis currently sits on T3: Teach. Talent. Thrive.’s advisory council, where they discuss important matters on how to get more awareness and involvement for T3 and its programs and events in the region.
● T3 is working to make the capital region the exemplary STEAM (science, technology, education, arts and math) region in America.
● One of the best ways to do that is to raise awareness of STEAM jobs and career paths with students at a young age.
● It’s important for young students to learn about STEAM fields and how jobs in these fields are prevalent throughout greater Lansing. Knowing that STEAM careers are an option, helps students as they look for a career path to follow.
● Earlier this month, Dennis was lucky to represent Maner Costerisan’s sponsorship of T3’s brand new program STEAM Ahead!
● STEAM Ahead! is a reading program targeting very young readers. They know it’s never too early to learn about STEAM concepts and careers.
● It kicked off on Friday, Dec. 7, at the Wharton Center for Performing
Arts during the school series performance of “Rosie Revere and Friends.”
● 1,200 copies of the popular children’s books “Rosie Revere, Engineer,” “Iggy Peck, Architect,” and “Ada Twist, Scientist” were given out to the students in attendance.
● The program is working to put more age-appropriate books into the hands of the region’s early readers in grades one through three, introducing them to STEAM concepts and careers while helping increase their literacy skills.
Listen to full interview below!