Jeffrey Mosher speaks with Jay LaNew, Apprenticeship and Business Services Officer at the Capital Area Michigan Works!
National Apprenticeship Week (NAW) is a nationwide celebration that brings together business leaders, career seekers, labor, educational institutions, and other critical partners to demonstrate their support for apprenticeship. NAW also provides apprenticeship sponsors with the opportunity to showcase their programs, facilities, and apprentices in their community. The week-long celebration highlights the benefits of apprenticeship in preparing a highly-skilled workforce to meet the talent needs of employers across diverse industries. To hear Jay and Jeffrey discuss National Apprenticeship Week, click play on the Podcast below:
- Topic: A retrospective on National Apprenticeship Week
In their discussion Jay explains:
- What is National Apprenticeship Week?
- Why is it important to celebrate NAW?
- How did CAMW! take part in this celebration?
- What are some other examples of events that took place during NAW?
- How can employers and workforce organizations learn more about the benefits of sponsoring registered apprenticeship programs?
- Finally he wraps it up explaining how today's apprenticeships are more than unionized trade skills, covering a broad range of industries and careers.