The annual NDC index measures an organization’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
DEARBORN, Mich., (May 20, 2022) — The National Diversity Council (NDC) recently announced that AAA – The Auto Club Group (ACG) is one of four companies named to its Best U.S. Companies for Diversity list. The NDC is a non-profit organization committed to fostering a learning environment for organizations to grow in their knowledge of diversity.
“This award shines a spotlight on our pursuit of building a diverse, inviting, and inclusive organization that embodies our corporate values,” said Joseph J. Richardson Jr., President, and CEO of AAA – The Auto Club Group. “I could not be more proud of our family for achieving this recognition together as OneACG.”
About the NDC Index
This honor is based on results of the 2022 NDC Index - an annual measurement of organizational commitment to diversity and inclusion among companies in the United States. It rates companies on:
- CEO engagement
- Policies and initiatives
- Supplier Diversity
- Community engagement
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Click here to learn more about the National Diversity Council’s 2022 Best U.S. Companies for Diversity list.
ACG’s Recent DE&I Efforts
Over the past year, ACG has strengthened its commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion through a variety of efforts, including:
- The launch of three new Employee Resource Groups:
- Hispanic/LatinX ERG
- Diverse Abilities ERG
- Middle Eastern ERG
ACG now has nine total ERGs, which play a vital role in engaging employees and driving a sense of belonging, connection, and community in the workplace.
- Corporate Social Responsibility: ACG has established a new department within the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion titled “Corporate Social Responsibility”. This department is tasked with upholding the dignity and value of all people and creating more just and equitable communities for people of color.
- DE&I Training: We added a new course offering to address unconscious bias in the workplace which has been completed by over 150 of our Human Resource Professionals, Senior Executives, and Corporate Officers. Work is underway to integrate this training into the organization’s course offerings and leadership development activities.
- Voice of the Employee (VoE) Survey: Our bi-annual VoE includes questions on our company-wide diversity and inclusion efforts, and the results show favorable ratings across ACG.
- Office of Sustainability: We established the Office of Sustainability to focus attention on our commitment to the environment, social impacts, and best-in-class governance practices. Our vision guides us to advocate for sustainability, always treat people with dignity & respect, and lead with best practices to deliver long-term, sustainable profitable growth. In fact, our Sustainability Office recently released ACG’s first-ever Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report to illustrate our progress and our strategy to be an even more sustainable organization.
AAA in Michigan celebrated its 100th Anniversary - A Century of Service in 2016 and has over 1.5 million members across the state. It is part of The Auto Club Group (ACG). Connect with us on Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Auto Club Group (ACG) is the second-largest AAA club in North America with more than 13 million members across 14 U.S. states, the province of Quebec, and two U.S. territories. ACG and its affiliates provide members with roadside assistance, insurance products, banking, and financial services, travel offerings, and more. ACG belongs to the national AAA federation with more than 62 million members in the United States and Canada. AAA’s mission is to protect and advance freedom of mobility and improve traffic safety. For more information, get the AAA Mobile app, visit AAA.com, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.