LANSING, MI – February is Heart Health Month and Sparrow is sponsoring several local events to promote cardiac care and keep everyone in the mid-Michigan region informed about healthy heart habits.
An important piece of advice: Don’t drive yourself to the hospital emergency department if you think you’re having a heart attack. Call 911. That will reduce the danger to yourself and others on the roads. National Wear Red Day occurs today, Friday Feb. 1st.
Make sure to call 1.800.Sparrow to schedule a free heart screening.
Some events happening throughout the month: Red Caps for Infants, Free Wellness Checks Highlight Sparrow Heart Month Activities
* Friday (today) is the start of Heart Month, promoting heart health and ways to avoid heart disease, still the leading cause of death for both men and women. Sparrow Health System has several activities planned to kick off the month:
* Buildings on the Sparrow Hospital campus were be lit red in honor of Heart Month starting early morning on Friday.
* Free heart wellness checks for cholesterol and blood pressure in the lobby of Sparrow Hospital.
* A Sparrow Thoracic and Cardiovascular Cardiologist will talk to media about heart health, including signs and symptoms.
* Red caps have been given to our youngest Patients, in the Sparrow Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, to commemorate heart health.
Choose Wisely. Choose Sparrow.