Mike Larson, President and CEO, Michigan Association of United Ways, Lansing, MI, visits the MBN studio to discuss Michigan Governor Whitmer's recently issued Executive Order establishing a Michigan Poverty Task Force.
To hear Mike's interview please click on the PodCast shared below!
That's an inter-agency body designed to research and implement strategies to reduce poverty in Michigan.
In the Executive Order, the Governor prominently references the Michigan Association of United Ways’ ALICE report. Mike Larson, president and CEO of the Michigan Association of United Ways, speaks to the need for such a task force, and what the ALICE report tells us about this population. His focus included these areas:
• In the Executive Order establishing a Michigan Poverty Task Force, the Governor prominently references findings from the Michigan Association of United Ways’ ALICE report. First of all, what is the ALICE Report, and who is ALICE?
• What did the 2019 ALICE report find?
• What do these findings tell us about the need for dedicated Poverty Task Force?
• What is the United Way’s role in supporting this population?
• What are the next steps that you hope can be accomplished for ALICE?
• Where can people go to learn more?