new bioscience job
MICHBIO Career Center Job Flash™
Get this from a friend?
Check out the new bioscience job, shared by MichBIO!
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, 49008, United States
- January 11, 2019
- Tetra Discovery Partners
- Master's Degree
- 3-5 Years
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tetra Discovery Partners is seeking an experienced medicinal chemist to participate in research projects involving the synthesis of phosphodiesterase-4 (PDE4) allosteric inhibitors for treating Alzheimer’s disease, depression and traumatic brain injury. Tetra is a leader in the application of structure-based drug to this class of targets with a compound in mid-stage, human Phase 2 clinical trials in Fragile X Syndrome and early Alzheimer’s disease. The company recently completed a $40 million deal with a strategic partner in Japan. The research will involve multi-step organic synthesis on milligram to gram scale, and will employ various purification and analytical techniques to enable structural determination and purity assessment.
The position is located in Kalamazoo, MI, which features a low cost of living, affordable single family housing, and the Kalamazoo Promise, a program that funds college tuition costs for children graduating from the Kalamazoo public school system
• MS/PhD degree in chemistry with at least 5 years of post-graduate organic chemistry experience.
• Extensive knowledge of synthetic organic methods, silica gel chromatography, and common analytical techniques including NMR and LC-MS, are required.
• Prior experience with discovery of CNS active drugs is preferred.
• Prior experience with structure based drug design is a plus.
• Strong written and oral skills.
Tetra Discovery Partners is an equal opportunity employer.