LANSING, Mich. – Business leaders from six Michigan companies joined the Michigan Economic Development Corporation at Hannover Messe 2019, it took place on April 1 through 5 in Hannover, Germany.
Automation Alley is coordinating the trade mission in partnership with the Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s International Trade Program. The program is committed to increasing Michigan’s exporting opportunities by helping businesses identify and enter promising foreign markets. Since its inception in 2012, the International Trade Program has worked with Michigan companies to support more than $2.6 billion in export sales and 12,389 jobs across the state. Top reported countries for export sales include Canada, Mexico, China, the United Kingdom and Germany.
“These companies offer innovative technologies that have global appeal, and Hannover Messe provides an excellent opportunity for them to showcase their services and products,” MEDC Chief Executive Officer Jeff Mason said. “Michigan’s manufacturing prowess has positioned us as a leader in the next industrial revolution, and we’re pleased to offer venues like Hannover Messe to Michigan companies as they pursue smart trade partnerships with international businesses.”
Hannover Messe is the world's leading trade show for industrial technology. All key technologies and core areas of industry – from research and development, industrial automation, IT, industrial supply, production technologies and services to energy and mobility technologies – can be found in Hannover. Hannover Messe allows small Michigan companies to overcome technological and sectorial boundaries, venture into global markets, exchange groundbreaking ideas, stimulate new developments in global industry, and identify and exploit the latest market trends.
The participating Michigan companies will exhibit within a Michigan booth, with options to display in Halls 5 and 15, Digital Factory and Integrated Automation respectively.Mission participants will also benefit from networking events and logistical support while in-country. The participating companies are:
- Light Guide Systems (Wixom) – Manufacturer of an OPS Solutions patented product using proprietary software and high-powered projector systems to guide and confirm completion of complex tasks.
- R3D International (Troy) – Consulting firm focused on ‘manufacturing – IT.’ The core offerings center around four mains practices: MES, ERP (SAP), digital manufacturing, and digital studio.
- Soothsayer Analytics (Livonia) – Provider of industry-leading artificial intelligence and big data advisory, architecture, and training engagements.
- MHSi (Material Handling Systems Inc.) (Rochester Hills) – Leader in big data management of logistics, material handling planning, and material flow. Specializes in the management of material handling packing solutions through extensive network of proprietary online MH PFEP planning and management software.
- Fori Automation (Shelby Twp.) – Designs and integrates state of the art automated systems for the aerospace, automotive, and defense industries. Products include automated guided vehicles, custom assembly and automation, chassis marriage systems, end of line testing and safety systems, module assembly and alignment systems and robotic welding systems.
- PARI Robotics (Rochester Hills) – Provider of IOT based analytics solutions with the ability to learn, auto-analyze, and improve with user feedback. PARI utilizes raw machine data to understand and model the system. Then, PARI’s Machine Analytics Software determines what can be improved, and how issues can be corrected and prevented in the future.
Michigan’s export sales to Germany were more than $1.9 billion in 2018, making it the fourth largest export market for the state. Export sales facilitated by the MEDC International Trade program totaled more than $24 million to Germany in fiscal year 2018.
Automation Alley is a nonprofit manufacturing and technology business association and Michigan's Industry 4.0 knowledge center, with a global outlook and a regional focus. It connects industry, academia and government to fuel Michigan's economy and accelerate innovation. Automation Alley offers programs and services in business growth, entrepreneurship, talent development, defense and international business, providing resources and knowledge to help its members grow and prosper in the digital age.
About Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
The Michigan Economic Development Corporation is the state’s marketing arm and lead advocate for business development, job awareness and community development with the focus on growing Michigan’s economy. For more information on the MEDC and our initiatives, visitwww.MichiganBusiness.org. For Pure Michigan® tourism information, your trip begins at www.michigan.org. Join the conversation on: Facebook,Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
# # #