Lansing, Mich. – Senior Attorney Mark T. Koerner, is among more than 40 mid-Michigan business leaders and professionals competing in the 10th annual Dapper Dads challenge. Hosted by the Sparrow Foundation and the Women Working Wonders committee, Dapper Dads is an online competition in which the public votes for their favorite candidates, concluding with a charity fashion show event on Thursday June 6 where the top voted men hit the runway.
For more knowledge, news, and insights visit: www.michiganbusinessnetwork.com
and to hear Mark and Jeffrey's conversation click play below.
Each vote made costs five dollars which goes towards the Foundation and their efforts to improve the health and well-being of thousands of mid-Michigan women. Online voting is ongoing and officially closes at 5:00 PM June 5, 2019; however, final votes may be cast in person at the fashion show. The fashion show begins at 5:30 p.m. in front of Kositchek's, located at 113 N. Washington Square, Lansing, MI 48933.
More about Mark: Whatever the legal question at hand, Mark Koerner has built a reputation of customizing his services to address the specific concerns of each client. He assists municipal entities (including transit authorities and drain commissioners), businesses and IT clients in achieving their legal goals, developing their organizations and minimizing risk.
Mark understands the unique challenges that clients face. On a daily basis, he works to find practical solutions to complex problems in areas that include:
· Transit: Mark has worked with many transportation authorities on a wide range of general operations matters, labor and employment issues, contract drafting, review and negotiation, policy drafting and review, public financing, construction of new transit facilities and compliance with state and federal laws.·
· Drain: Mark has provided legal counsel for numerous projects concerning establishment, construction and maintenance of both county and inter-county drains. He has also represented Drain Commissioners in various flooding litigation matters. Additionally, several counties retain Mark to assist with the establishment of lake levels and creation of lake level special assessment districts.·
· Business and Information Technology: Many businesses have found Mark’s knowledge of information technology and privacy law instrumental to helping them keep their assets secure. He has helped businesses with electronic discovery, e-commerce, software licensing, IT document drafting, health information privacy and many other areas of IT law. In addition to counsel regarding IT and privacy, he has assisted corporations in every stage of their development, from a start-up entity in need of general formation advice to an established corporation seeking advice on complex business matters.·
· General Counsel: Mark has extensive experience handling "general counsel" legal matters for public entities. He regularly attends board meetings, prepares legal opinions, counsels on Freedom of Information Act and Open Meetings Act compliance issues and handles contract drafting, review and negotiations.·
· Labor Law: Mark has counseled and represented clients in the negotiation and drafting of collective bargaining agreements, grievance defense, and mediation and arbitration.·
· Employment Law: Mark has experience helping employers understand their rights to exercise sound labor and employment practices, not only to protect the organization, but also the workforce. This includes but is not limited to drafting policy and procedure manuals and reviewing contracts.·
· General Litigation: While the goal is to minimize risk, Mark takes an aggressive and proactive approach to resolving litigation while being mindful of his clients’ desire for cost-effective representation. He has experience before the Michigan Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court of Michigan.
For more information on casting votes and for tickets to the fashion show, visit SparrowFoundation.org/DapperDads.
Since 1902, Foster Swift Collins & Smith, PC has provided comprehensive legal services to businesses, municipalities and individuals. The firm employs 100-plus attorneys and over 100 support staff in six locations; Lansing, Detroit, Southfield, Grand Rapids, Holland and St. Joseph. For more information about the firm, its attorneys and to access recent publications, visit www.fosterswift.com.