Jeffrey Mosher welcomed JaLaNew to the Michigan Business Beat to talk about National Apprenticeship Week which is from Monday, Nov. 12, to Friday, Nov. 16.
● The weeklong event spotlights the importance of preparing a highly skilled workforce to meet the talent needs of employers across a broad range of industries.
● It’s a common misconception that apprenticeships are only for manufacturing or professional trades careers such as plumbing or construction.
● Apprenticeships can be in any field where someone can take part in structured on-the-job training along with related technical or academic instruction.
● National Apprenticeship Week features apprentice graduations, business open houses, school career fairs, apprenticeship signing days, skill competitions and industry roundtable events throughout the country.
● Capital Area Michigan Works! is taking part in National Apprenticeship Week by hosting Apprenticeship in a Day, an interactive workshop for employers from 8:30 a.m. to noon on Friday, Nov. 16, at the Lansing American Job Center.
● Apprenticeship in a Day is the local culmination of the National Apprenticeship Week celebration that offers leaders in business, labor, education and other critical sectors a chance to demonstrate their support for apprenticeships.
● The workshop also gives apprenticeship sponsors the opportunity to showcase their programs, facilities and apprentices in their own communities.
● To learn how you or your organization can get involved with Apprenticeship in a Day, contact Jay LaNew at email@example.com or (517) 492-5511.
To hear Jay and Jeffrey's conversation click on the podcast below!