FY19 Funding is available for eligible export activities
October marks the beginning of a new fiscal year at the MEDC and the International Trade Program has a new allocation of State Trade Expansion Program (STEP) funds available for eligible small business concerns. On September 19, 2018, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) awarded Michigan the maximum state award of $800,000 in MI-STEP funds for FY19. With additional support from the Michigan Strategic Fund, total available funding for FY19 is over $1.6 million.
October 1, 2018 through September 29, 2019
Note: All activities must take place during this time period
New-to-Export Companies: maximum reimbursement $7,000 per year
Market Expansion companies: maximum reimbursement $15,000 per year
If you are unsure of your funding level or are new to the program, please complete our onlineintake form.
Eligible Export Activities
1. Participation in foreign trade missions
2. U.S. Department of Commerce services
3. Website development or upgrade fees (translation to foreign languages, localization to foreign markets, SEO).
4. Design of marketing media (brochures, branded give-aways, social media, advertising, etc.)
5. International trade show participation
6. Foreign sales trip
7. U.S.-based international trade show participation
8. Participation in export training workshops
9. Reverse foreign buyer missions (meeting space/audio visual
The application process is on the online portal! This is the same system used for MI-STEP reimbursements & quarterly sales confirmations. It is available under the “MEDC Programs” tab. Hit “Apply Now” to start your application. Move through the tabs to edit all of the required information. You can save at any time and all applications will be found under “My Applications.”
New this year!
Companies must be an export-ready U.S. company seeking to export goods or services of U.S. origin or have at least 51% U.S. content.
Need portal access? Send full name, title & email address to your Regional International Trade Manager to request a username & password.