Wednesday March 29th this event will have the Lansing Center teaming with youthful energy. It is open to any middle school or high school aged student, living or attending school in the Tri-county region of Lansing (Clinton, Eaton & Ingham Counties).
The event consists of an Executive Summary Business Plan portion(50%), a Product Display/Demo portion(50%). Cash Prizes will be awarded for Best Executive Summary Business Plan, Best Product Display/Pitch, as well as overall Champion.
Executive Summary Business Plan - 50% of Total Score
Each student is required to submit a 2-page executive summary business plan.
Product/Service Display - 50% of Total Score
Each student is required to display their idea/business in some fashion. An 8 foot table will be provided for the students’ use. Students will have access to power. Students will not have access to WIFI.
Champion - $1,000 CASH PRIZE
One student team will win the coveted Champion Award using their overall scores for Best Executive Summary Business Plan and Best Product Display/Demo.
Students have the opportunity to win cash prizes totaling over $10,000.
List of Youth Business Awards:
- Grand Champion
- Best Business Plan (1st, 2nd and 3rd places)
- Best Table Pitch (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Places)
- Best Booth Display (1st’ 2nd, and 3rd places)
- Best Tech Business
- Best Eco-Friendly business
- Best Socially Responsible Business
- Best Green Energy Tech Idea
- Best Physical Product
- Best Food Based Business
- Best Service Based Business
- Best Fashion or Design based Business
- Best YEA! Business
- Best Newcomer - New Idea
- Best Innovation for Social Justice
- Best Ready to Patent Prototype
- Best Champion - Teacher/Educator
- Best District Representation
Additional Information For Participants:
1. Business Plans should be 2-pages (maximum) and should consist of: 1. Problem 2. Solution 3. Target Market 4. Marketing 5. Financial Summary 6. Competition 7. Team 8. Why is this good for the Lansing region? 9. Next -Steps
2. Lunch will be served to all students and chaperones.
3. Each student/class/group is responsible for their own transportation to and from to the Lansing Center.
- Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Time: 9:00 am - 1:30 pm
- Location: The Lansing Center
- 333 E. Michigan Ave.
- Lansing, Mi. 48933