Panel Discussion on ‘2020: Building the Future’ Featured
The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce on March 23 will hold its 2017 Annual Meeting at the Holiday Inn Gateway, 5353 Gateway Centre in Flint.
The Annual Meeting will recap the Chamber’s accomplishments from the past year as well as imagine the region’s future years now under the theme of “2020: Building the Future”.
A moderated panel discussion – in place of the usual keynote speaker – will headline the event and will explore several key aspects to building a vibrant future for Flint & Genesee..
The discussion, moderated by ABC-TV12 anchor Matt Franklin, will provide unique perspectives on the progress the Flint & Genesee region is making and can expect into the future, and lessons learned from the Detroit turnaround.
The panelists will address three areas – Flint & Genesee County Today; Models to Follow; and Flint & Genesee Tomorrow. The panelists are:
- Beverly Walker-Griffea, President of Mott Community College, one of the nation’s top 150 community colleges, according to the Aspen Institute’s College Excellence Program.
- Bob Waun, CEO of C3 Ventures Flint, LLC, a Flint-based holding company headquartered in the Riverview Industrial Park. C3 is looking to expand its current global footprint and increase production capacity to address the growing need for injection molding.
- Eric Larson, CEO of the Downtown Detroit Partnership, a private/public partnership of corporate and civic leaders that supports, advocates and develops programs and initiatives that create a clean, safe, and inviting Downtown Detroit community. Larson is also Founder/President of Larson Realty Group.
- Will McClure, Jr., Youth Minister and student at Michigan State University College of Human Medicine (Class of 2020). McClure intends to use his medical degree to advance health-and-wellness in minority and underserved communities.
Chamber CEO Tim Herman said there were a number of solid accomplishments in 2016 throughout the region, even as Flint continued to work through the water emergency.
“Without minimizing the impact of the ongoing water crisis in any way, last year was a good year in many respects for Flint and Genesee County. However, the annual meeting is not about sitting back and resting on our laurels.
“We have a lot of work to do and the theme of ‘2020: Building the Future’ makes it clear where our focus lies,” said Herman.
Registration opens at 11:30 a.m. The luncheon program is free and open to the public. RSVP required.
The event is free and open to the public, but registration is required. The luncheon and program will begin at noon. To register, visit annual meeting.
- Date: Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Time: 11:30 am Registration Opens
- Location: Holiday Inn Gateway
- 5353 Gateway Centre
- Flint, Mi. 48507